Saturday, January 26, 2013

Being A Social Butterfly in Cyber Space

   
       The best way to keep well-informed is to read, write and interact with others in cyberspace. As I browsed various sites and subscribed to them, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of information.          
                                                                                          
      I realized as an educator, I must keep up with the latest trends educationally and share what I am learning with my class.  Human Brain Adapting to New Technology   If I am teaching

about Native Americans, I will have the ability to search online to find out what other

teachers are using for resources. It will inspire me to be more tech savvy and creative in my

teaching.   As I perused Ms. Lareau’s site, I put a tag on her Wampanoag video Plimouth/Wampanog Movie/Game  because I teach about the Wampanoag in third grade.   





 

There can be glitches with sites. What appears to be interesting may not be what is seems! In fact, I thought I found a site about Smart boards, but it turned out to be about equine nutrition. I don’t think this is part of the third grade curriculum!


Really Simple Syndication replaces the old fashion library catalogue  and does it automatically. I have the ability to narrow my focus for information I want to read on the web by using an aggregate. However, it is critical to assess the validity of the information presented by judging  the purpose and the credentials of the blogger. Veracity of Web Sites
       With Google.com/reader I can subscribe to information about using my new smart board and, if I have to create a new unit on character traits or explorers, I can receive information related to these topics, so I can be more knowledgeable when teaching a topic or content area. As teachers, we encounter issues and can get help from our peers. For example, I want to reorganize my library. After reading Rockin Reader's Workshop, I have a new idea to let the students organize the library.  Since students will need to master digital reading literacy, I must be able to expose them to  various aspects of digital media like a Reader's Theater.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment