Sunday, February 17, 2013


KICK BOXING VS. THE INTERNET

 

When I went to the gym this morning to do kickboxing, I started thinking about blogging and using the various web tools available on the Internet.  Since I hadn’t been to the gym for a while, I was lagging behind my peers.  Some of the kickboxing routines had changed and my endurance wasn’t as good as a few weeks ago. Although I have been diligent about this grad course, I feel like I'm running a marathon to keep up with the rest of the students. This led me to draw a comparison between kickboxing and the Educational Technology class.  I realized that students today must have instruction to become computer literate. Knowing how to use the Internet and web tools is critical to becoming tech savvy.  As an educator, I have so much to learn to become competent in this field.
       
 
In order to kick box, the participant needs some background knowledge about choreography. Moreover, the participant must follow directions and use both auditory and visual features to accomplish this exercise. When using the Internet, whether it is a blog, a wiki, or any web tools, the user must be knowledgeable about these features.  Computer literacy is needed  to navigate the Internet.


      

The kick boxer must have coordination and agility to participate in this physically exerting exercise. Likewise, the Internet user needs stamina and intellectual capacity to comprehend and navigate the Internet to attain a particular objective.

In kickboxing there are various terms the participant must know. There is a roundhouse kick, hitch, backward kick, upper cuts, and hooks. 

                                      

There are so many web tools on the Internet that the user must be familiar with, like, blog, wiki, voki, bookmarking, Diigo, search engines, RSS, etc.  In order to accomplish a task, prior knowledge of terms is needed to be successful.   

 Practice and experience play a critical role in both kickboxing and using the Internet.  To become skilled in a particular area, one must adopt new ways of learning. Series of quotes about gaining knowledge


<iframe src="http://www.pixton.com/embed/j4rpqpbh" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="384" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 comments:

  1. True story! To be successful in anything, you have to have background knowledge and then practice like crazy! Really it could be the internet vs. learning to do anything! (You're doing great, by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for all the knowledge u distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.

    pay per view

    ReplyDelete